J. E. Thrasher General Store
In this view of the cashier's cage, it looks almost as it did in the period 1911-1923. When John E. Thrasher Senior's store , located near the Smith building, burned in 1911, he turned the warehouse into a general store and it was used as such until the new brick building in the next block was completed in 1923.
The cashier's cage contains the 1908 typewriter with both a lower and an upper keyboard, a 1923 cash register, an adding machine ( circa 1910 ) and sets of keys used in the warehouse and various out buildings and gates. Several original spindles, for holding charge tickets , hang on the wall with a coat which is typical of the 1920s and J.E. Thrasher Junior's straw hat (circa 1910). Original books of account records are on display. The carbide light fixture, one of a dozen which lighted the warehouse before electricity came to Micanopy, is also seen.