Severe Weather-related Pages
(Sites having to do with thunderstorms, tornados, hurricanes, etc.)
USERS HAVE ACCESSED THIS PAGE SINCE AUG. 04, 1996.
THIS PAGE FORMATTED FOR BOTH TEXT *AND* GRAPHICAL BROWSERS!
Internet services provided by Alachua County FreeNet.
For Gainesville/Alachua Co. area scanner frequencies and codes please
visit the Northern Fla. Area Scannist's Page.
[Includes section on Scanner Laws (actual text of laws, not charts).]
Information about Nothern Florida Area SKYWARN can be found at the
NWS-Jax SKYWARN Page.
Severe Weather Report Form
- Use this form to report any severe weather-related events to the
See also: Hurricane-related Information
For Imaging Sites, see also: Imaging & Forecast Sites
For Spotting/Chasing sites, see: Storm Spotting/Chasing-related Sites
- ALERT Severe Weather Research
- Catalog of Daily Severe Weather Reports - Univ. of Hawaii - archive of severe storms maps for past 12 months
- Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms (CAPS)
- Ch. 2 Storm Forecast - WESH-TV Channel 2/Orlando, Fla.
- Emergency Manager's Weather Information Network (EMWIN) - NWS/NOAA
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- FSU Dept. of Meteorology Weather Server -
FSU (gopher) - includes DRGS images, AVN, ECMWF, ETA, MRF, and NGM
operational forecast model plots, and RADAR, surface, and upperair data plots
- Huber's Weather Site - Mark Huber - live radars and quick links for severe weather updates
- Hurricane Information - Good sources of info from Pensacola, FL
- Hurricane & Tornado Safety - Kate Palenscar
- Lightning & Tornado Photos - (narrated in french)
- Lightning Data:
- Lightning Detection Equipment/Software/Etc.:
- Lightning Strike Data (past/GIFs) - Sevilleta LTER
- Mobile Radar Doppler Tornado Data - Doppler On Wheels (DOW) radar development project
- Natl. Climatic Data Center (NCDC) - Technical Reports - NCDC
- Natl. Lightning Safety Institute (NLSI)
- Natl. Severe Storms Laboratory (NSSL)
- NOAA Weather Radio Guide - NOAA - find the right broadcast frequency in your state/local area.
- Photography (stock):
- Severe Weather & Spotters
- Severe Weather Event Reporting System (SWERS) - A form to use to report a severe weather event (thunderstorm, tornado, hail, high winds) to the NSSL.
- Severe Weather Page - Alachua Co. Office of Emergency Mgmt. (ACOEM)
- SKYWARN Web Pages on the Internet - [still undergoing construction] - Todd Sherman KB4MHH
- SKYWARN Usenet Newsgroup - bit.listserv.skywarn
- Storm Prediction Center (SPC) - monitors/forecasts hazardous weather across U.S.
- Thunderstorms and Lightning (FEMA Fact Sheet) - FEMA
- Tornado and Severe Thunderstorm Reports - NSSFC, Univ. of Hawaii - (updated at 7am ET, daily)
- The Tornado Project - Tom Grazulis
U.S. Composite Lightning from Natl. Lightning Detection Network Data Set Documents
- U.S. Spotting Frequency List
Up to Main Weather Index]
Top of page]
Last updated June 09, 2000.
Mail to: Todd L. Sherman (email@example.com)
© Copyright 1995-2000 by Todd L. Sherman. All Rights Reserved.