You Want To Visit the UF Bat House?
I just recently received a good question:
"How do I visit the UF Bat House?"
UF requires a temporary parking permit for all visitors and gives one that
is specific to the type of parking lot you intend on using. However, they
do not enforce parking rules at late times of the day such as when you
would be watching the bats come out... so I do not believe you will need a
pass (assuming you will only park on campus during that time).
As for directions:
- Take I-75 and get off at exit 75 (Archer Road)
- Head East on Archer until you get to 34th Street (a large
intersection) -- turn left on 34th.
- Keep heading North on 34th and you will pass Hull Road on your right
(you will see a museum, big digital UF signs, and you will pass
two housing complexes).
- Turn right at the next light (Radio Road)... if you see a wall with
lots of graffiti then you went too far.
- Take Radio Road to the end -- which is Museum Road.
- Take a left onto Museum Road and you will soon come to a small parking
lot on the right which is across from the bat house (right on Lake Alice).
- Note: this route does not bring you past any of the places where you
can get a temporary parking permit.
- Also Note: The speed limit on campus is extremely slow and is strictly
enforced -- and pedestrians always have the right of way so do not be
surprised if they blindly walk in front of your moving vehicle.
For a campus map, see:
UF Campus Map