Ways Churches Can Help
Links to other Hunger and Poverty-related sites
Poverty and Hunger Links
Bread for the World (BFW)
- Bread for the World is a nationwide Christian movement that seeks justice
for the world's hungry people by lobbying our nation's decision makers.
Their very informative web site provides background papers, publications,
and resources for grassroots organization.
Food For The Hungry: World Crisis Network
- Food For The Hungry is an organization of Christian motivation, commited
to working with poor people to overcome hunger and poverty through integrated
self-development and relief. Their World Crisis Network has articles and
information about fighting hunger around the world.
54 Ways You Can Help The Homeless
- This is a hyper-media book by Rabbi Charles A. Kroloff, which helps
to dispel myths about the homeless people you meet, and provides suggestions
for what to do every day.
National Coalition for the Homeless
- The National Coalition for the Homeless (NCH) is a national advocacy
network of homeless persons, activists, service providers, and others committed
to the single goal of ending homelessness.
Yahoo! - Welfare Reform
- Yahoo's page of resource on Welfare Reform, including articles, resource
lists, and news. Yahoo is an Internet search engine.
The Salvation Army, International HQ.
- The Salvation Army's objects are 'the advancement of the Christian
religion... of education, the relief of poverty, and other charitable objects
beneficial to society or the community of mankind as a whole'.
- Sojourners' mission is to help build a movement of people who seek
to demonstrate the vital biblical connection between spiritual renewal
and social justice. Their web site includes articles from their magazine,
and has links to the Call to Renewal, a nationwide movement to call Christians
back to a biblical focus that transcends Left and Right ideologies.
- Gainesville Harvest provides the means and the manpower to get leftover
food to the hungry. Their volunteers distribute surplus food from donors
to the agencies who feed hungry men, women and children in the Alachua
United Way Information and Referral
- United Way Information & Referral maintains a comprehensive database
of the most up-to-date information available about community resources
such as human service agencies, mental and physical health resources, civic,
social, advocacy and support groups, recreational and educational opportunities
and government services.
Gainesville Agencies & Resources