Courts, Law, & Schools
his page will be set up to cover the courts whose opinions have an impact on the law of Florida and Alachua County. There will be links to all courts within each of the two major sections, Federal and State Courts. Once the basic structure of the Courts portion of the page is completed, I will begin work on the Law School and their on-line publications portions. Hope you find this helpful.
A quick Table of Contents
- The United States Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Other Federal Resources
- The Supreme Court of the State of Florida
- Lower State Courts
- Other State Resources
- Law Reviews & Journals
- Law Schools
- Other Law Related Sources
The United States Supreme Court
- Decisions of the Supreme Court
- Recent decisions from 1990. Indexed by topic, Key Word Search, and search by either first or second party name. Selected Historic Decisions. A database of 325 cases maintained on a CD-ROM searchable by topic, party name, and the opinion author.
- USSC Plus - U.S. Supreme Court on the Web
- Current database scope: Leading cases 1793 - 1966; Comprehensive coverage 1966 - 1996. Requires Netscape 2.0 or better.
- Villanova's Supreme Court Archive
- The opinions issued by the United States Supreme Court since October 1995 have been acquired from the Supreme Court BBS. The text of these opinions has been enhanced with formatting codes and other information so that they can be viewed in HTML format and downloaded in WordPerfect version 5.1 format or ASCII format.
FLITE Database Archive
This archive of opinions was created from the official U.S. Air Force historic file of Supreme Court decisions from its FLITE ("Federal Legal Information
Through Electronics") system. The archive consists of over 7400 Supreme Court opinions dating from 1937 through 1975, from volumes 300 through 422 of U.S. Reports.
- FedWorld/FLITE Supreme Court Decisions
- The official page for the FLITE Database Archive. Has links to telnet and ftp as well as a searchable WWW page for the decisions within the database.
Staying Current with the U.S. Supreme Court
- Since 1993, the Legal Information Institute of Cornell Law School has provided a free current awareness service via E-mail, distributing the syllabi of U.S. Supreme Court decisions in bulletin format within hours after their release. Known as the liibulletin, this service will continue with the Court's upcoming October term.
How to Subscribe to the liibulletin
- To subscribe to the liibulletin send an e-mail message to
Anyone with an Internet accessible e-mail address can become a subscriber. The message needs to read:
[followed by the subscriber's name -- all on one line]
Subscribers will receive an e-mail bulletin containing summaries of all decisions of the United States Supreme Court shortly after they have been handed down, along with instructions on how to access those decisions in full text or retrieve them by e-mail.
Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- The opinions of the Eleventh Circuit since November 1994 are brought to you by
the Emory University School of Law Library's Courts Publishing Project (CPP), in cooperation with the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. All cases are in full text on the
Web, or can be downloaded in RTF format.
Other Federal Resources
- The Federal Court Locator
- Great resource for finding pages to all federal courts.
- U.S. Founding Documents
- The United States Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and the Federalist Papers.
- THOMAS: Legislative Information on the Internet
- Congress this Week, Bills, Congressional Record, Committee Information, Historical Documents, the legislative process, and other Internet Resources.
Florida State Courts
The Supreme Court of the State of Florida
- Opinions of the Supreme Court of Florida
- Florida Supreme Court - Home Page
Lower State Courts
- The District Court of Appeal of Florida, First District
- Eighth Judicial Circuit
Other State Resources
- Florida Constitution - Online Sunshine
- The Florida Legislature - Online Sunshine
- Florida Statutes - Online Sunshine
- The Cardozo Electronic Law Bulletin
- Cornell Law Review
- Journal of Technology Law & Policy
- Published by an independent group of students at the University of Florida - College of Law.
- Columbia Law School
- Cornell Law School
- Legal Information Institute
- Emory University School of Law
- University of Florida - College of Law
- Legal Information Center
Internet & Computer Law Association
- University of Oregon Law School
- Law Library
- Villanova University School of Law
- Villanova Center for Information Law and Policy
- Court TV Law Center
From the time of Shakespeare,lawyers and law students have billed time on this page!
Fiddler's Green / Keith Horsfield / firstname.lastname@example.org / updated 31 Jul 98